Have you ever thought about how easy it is for you to visit online stores, browse through the products, select the one you want buy, pay the price and you will get the product in a few days? You don’t need to go to the stores to purchase things. Online shopping is so much convenient for everyone.
Creating an online shop is not like creating a normal website using HTML or WordPress, etc. For conveniently creating an e-commerce store you can use eCommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, or Magento. These platforms can simplify the task of making an e-commerce store.
What is Magento software?
It’s built on open-source technology built-in PHP and that makes it free to use. And also it’s one of the best eCommerce platforms we can get. It was released on 2008 March 31 by Varien. If you are about to begin an online store for selling products, you can utilize the Magento platform.
Why Magento and why Not PrestaShop?
Already told you that there are so many platforms are available out there for you to use while building an e-commerce website. PrestaShop, BigCommerce are some examples among them. So you could wonder why Ecommerce Development Company is choosing Magento over others.
It being open-source and free is not the only reason for it being the best choice in the industry. It gives the advanced and feature-filled admin panel, great SEO capabilities and a lot more. All these specialties attract not only the developers in the e-commerce industry but entrepreneurs in this field who have less technical knowledge.
It can be used to create a small-scale online store to big-scale store with millions of people visiting every day. That means it is highly scalable. Performance-wise also it is highly recommendable.
- Product Management: add images of the product, comment reviews section, favorites list
- Category management: easy to find products by categorizing them
- Inventory management: manage import, export, products left in stock
- Client account: account status, transaction history, client address
- Payments: Many payment methods are available such as credit cards, UPI, etc.
- Search technology: add fast search feature to the store by Google SiteMap
- International support: add more language and monetary support
- Promotional and marketing tools: special offers and coupons
- Analyze and report: can integrate with Google Analytics
Things You Should Keep in Mind
Mainly the thing about Magento is all good. But before you choose it for your eCommerce store you need to understand some important factors. They are:
- You must pay for the website hosting
- The setting up requires a lot of time
- Business solutions can be expensive
- Using it will be difficult for non-experienced users
Maybe you don’t want the above-mentioned issues but a lot of other good reasons are there which makes the Magneto still preferable for most Ecommerce Development Company. Also, there can have other things that can counter the problems. Suppose your company made a big impact on the market than paying the expensive maintenance and technical support cost won’t be a problem. Paying for hosting is a fair thing because they can’t give you free hosting.